Clayton Animal Hospital News
Read our news below!
Clayton Animal Hospital News
Reopening Guidelines for the Clayton Animal Hospital & Clayton Animal Hospital! Please read it in its entirety.
We are thrilled to be announcing that beginning June 2nd, in conjunction with Gov. DeWine’s declaration to lift Ohio’s health mandates, we will be opening our doors to the public! As a team, we feel that reopening to the public is best for us, our patients, and our clients. Moving forward, we will be using common sense practices that we ask you to please follow.
- Face masks will be optional. You may choose not to wear a mask or you may choose to follow the previous health orders for as long as you would like. We will respect your decision completely. You may even continue with curbside treatment of your pet. Again, this is YOUR choice!! If you would prefer that we wear a mask while we are in the exam room, we will happily do so to make sure you still feel comfortable while your pet is getting their treatment.
- Call when you arrive. Our lobby will remain closed. Appointments will be ushered directly into a room. You may choose to come into the clinic to pick up refills, just notify us when you arrive. We ask that you please respect other people’s space, pets included, whether they are or are not wearing a mask. This is for the safety of our clients as well as our patients. Not all dogs are friendly with each other, so please keep your distance.
- We ask that only 1 adult accompany their pet per appointment, simply due to the exam room size.
- If you are not feeling well (COVID-19, common cold or the flu, stomach bug, etc.) we ask that you please reschedule your appointment. We will ask you to reschedule if you are showing signs of illness.
- We WILL NOT under any circumstance tolerate bullying of someone who does not share your opinion. If we hear, see or feel that you are not respecting someone else’s viewpoint, you will immediately be terminated from the clinic and will not be welcome back. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has their right to a certain fear level regarding this virus. It is not up to anyone else to determine if someone’s fear level is right or wrong. Be respectful. Period. This is non-negotiable.
- You have the right to change your mind at any time. If you have previously worn a mask and then choose not to wear one, perfect! If you have not been wearing one and then decide that you want to wear one and would like me to wear one too, perfect!! Communication is vital in this process, so please be open and honest with us regarding your comfort level even if it is different each time you come in!! Variety is the spice of life, right?
- We feel the easiest way for us to prepare for your appointment is for you to state what you prefer while confirming your appointment via phone or email. We will be changing the language of our appointment reminders to encourage you to make a note of your comfort level for that appointment.
- Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our employees, patients, and clients!! If anything changes regarding our policies and/or protocols another email will be sent to inform you.
From the Doctors and Staff at the Clayton Animal Hospital & Clayton Animal Hospital